Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband and I love this recipe. They are very easy to make and make a delicious side for steak. Did you know....one baked sweet potato provides over 8,800 IU of vitamin A or about twice the recommended daily allowance, yet it contains only 141 calories. This nutritious vegetable provides 42 percent of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for vitamin C, 6 percent of the RDA for calcium, 10 percent of the RDA for iron, and 8 percent of the RDA for thiamine for healthy adults. It is low in sodium and is a good source of fiber and other important vitamins and minerals including beta carotene.
- cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender.
- drain sweet potatoes, set aside.
- heat italian dressing in pan, med-high.
- add onion cook & stir 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, mash lightly.
- add brown sugar, sour cream.
- stir until heated through.