Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie is claimed to be not as sickly-sweet as traditional pecan pies; I've not tried it, so please let me know if this is true or not!
- 1 9 in. unbaked pastry shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pecan halves or 1 cup pecan pieces
- Have pie shell ready; preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, white sugar and salt; using a wooden spoon, stir in melted butter and corn syrup until well mixed.
- Add pecans and stir again.
- Pour into prepared pie shell and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake 35 to 40 minutes more or until a tester inserted off-centre comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
I have used this recipe for 50 years. It is my favorite. I found it in a book from the Dept. of Agriculture through my local Extension Service. The Not-So-Sweet is not a good name for it because it is very sweet...but I love it.