Recipe by Panda Rose
I like to cut down on sugar these days and this combination still works for me. Its a great change from the ubiquitous lemon curd at Peasach. Great with added whipped cream on sponge cakes or meringues
Top Review by Mirj
The honest truth? The honest, HONEST truth? I thought this was utterly disgusting. But then, I think passionfruit is one of the most horrible things God put on this earth. The stuff looks like alien guts. Having said that, I did not make this recipe, nor did I eat any of it. Why would I eat alien guts? But Sushiman loves alien guts, erm, I mean passionfruit, and so do all of his kids. And this was a big hit with them. HUGE hit! This was served up for Passover lunch on the first day, glooped on some lemon sponge cake (which I will eat, with a passion, pun intended). Alien guts all gone now. Every last slimy spoonful. What can I say, it's a hit! There's not accounting for taste. I can't believe I married a man who eats alien guts, and he kisses me with that mouth! Shudder. Panda, this is a winner, thanks! ;-)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and sugar together in a pan.
- Add eggs and passionfriut and very gently heat until thickened stirring all the time.
- When thick enough for you - this may take up to 10 minutes - then pot into clean dry jars and store in the fridge ready for use.
- Note, this can be done in the microwave in very short bursts.
- Be careful you don't get scrambled eggs with passionfruit sauce!
- Not sure how much this gives as it is different each time due to the juiciness of the fruit.