Recipe by kurbie22
I love this recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It can be moist or crispy depending on baking time. I got it from my mother in law on one of those recipe cards that come in the mail.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, regular or quick
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- put oats in blender until ground.
- combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture blending well. Add chocolate chips (and walnuts if desired) Mix well.
- Using icecream scoop, scoop 1/4 cup round balls for each cookie. Place 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared bakin sheet.
- Bake until lightly brown 16-18 minutes.
- (may vary depending on your oven and baking sheet) Play with the time until desired consistency. thats what i do anyway.