Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This smooth, custardy peanut pie isn't like your traditional rich and sickening sweet peanut butter pie but is still oh so delicious! And if you haven't mastered rolling out a pie crust, this is the crust for you. You just pat it in!
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and milk.
- Add oil and press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Crumble together peanut butter and powdered sugar and place in cooled pie crust reserving small amount for topping.
- Mix pudding according to directions on box and pour on top of peanut butter mixture.
- Let set and then top with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle rest of filling on top.
I make a number of different pies & always appreciate a new way (such as this one) to put together the crust! Actually made this for a peanut-butter-pie-loving friend & presented it to him minus one large slice, you know, for taste-testing! Followed your recipe right on down & found it absolutely delicious, as did my friend! Thanks for the great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
I use this same recipe and it is also known as Amish Peanut Butter Pie. I take it to Thanksgiving with my husband's family and it's a big hit. The only difference is I use a store bought graham cracker crust.
Still a little sweet for me. But I imagin that if I make it with chocolate or banana pudding it would be a five with me.