Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a slightly lightened up version of a pound cake I adapted from TasteFood food blog. http://www.tastefoodblog.com/tastefood/2009/08/lemon-blueberry-pound-cake.html It's delicious and easy! **** I use frozen blueberries (not thawed) It will take about 7-10 minutes longer to bake if using frozen.....
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest of one lemon)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Using an electric mixer, mix for one minute at low speed to combine.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, vanilla and lemon extract in a medium bowl. Lightly whisk to combine. It will look like a creamy yellow yogurt.
- Add butter and half of the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix at high speed for one minute.
- Add remaining egg mixture in 2 batches, mixing 30 seconds after each addition. Batter should be light and fairly fluffy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.
- Remove from oven and run sharp knife around edges of cake. Let rest 10 minutes. Turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
I always enjoy the combo of lemon & blueberries, & this pound cake is right in there! And, I especially liked the use of the Greek yogurt AND the whole wheat flour, which gives the loaf a whole new dimension! Will definitely be making this one again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to know more about PAC? Click onto this link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498