Recipe by Snowpeas
A healthier version of fried rice. This is a delicious and filling fast carb. The cooking time does not include time to prepare the brown rice.
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, coursely shredded
- 1 cup pea pods
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Braggs amino acids
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (chile sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 lime, sliced (or cut in wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water together.
- Spray a cold skillet with cooking spray until coated. You may not need to do this if your pan is a really good non-stick pan.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add egg and water mixture.
- Cook until eggs without stirring until eggs begin to set on the bottom and around the edges.
- Lift the egg whites and allow the uncooked eggs to run underneath the cooked parts.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Keep the eggs in big pieces.
- Remove the eggs from the skillet and put in a bowl.
- Now pour oil into the same skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add your cabbage, carrots and pea pods. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Now stir in your eggs, rice, green onion, Bragg's and the chile sauce.
- Stir and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve it up and top with cilantro and lime slices.