Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. Submitted by SHANNONBOBANNON - "A healthy spin on one of America's favorite appetizers." This recipe easily, doubles or triples for a larger gathering.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese, drained (one reader suggested ricotta cheese instead)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- paprika, for sprinkling
- parsley sprig, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place three of the egg yolks in a bowl (save the others for use in another recipe), and mash them. Add the mayonnaise, cheese, sweet pickle relish, mustard and salt & pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together. The texture needs to be firm enough to pipe back into egg halves with a pastry bag or with a spoon.
- Spoon or pipe (with star tip) filling into egg whites, then sprinkle with the paprika. Garnish with the parsley, if desired.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.