Recipe by Lainey39
I got this recipe from a newspaper. Prep time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Kailies_mommy
This was really good. We used the sugar free fat free chocolate instant pudding and fat free condensed milk. Everyone was raving about how good it was. It's hard to believe it's a lower fat dessert. We will be making this one a lot I'm sure. Thanks for sharing =)
- 9 whole chocolate graham crackers (about 1 1/4 cups when crushed)
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml chocolate syrup
- 85.04 g semisweet baking chocolate
- 78.07 ml reduced-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- 473.18 ml nonfat milk
- 2 (198.44 g) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 226.79 g container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Process the chocolate graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground.
- In large bowl, add the melted butter to the graham crackers and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate syrup and mix well.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix.
- Spread the chocolate mixture evenly all over the inside of the crust (add pecans now if using).
- Return to the refrigerator.
- In the same bowl that you used for the crust, add the nonfat milk to the pudding mixes and whip with a wire whisk until thick, 1-2 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the mixture in the crust and smooth the top with a knife.
- Whisk half of the whipped topping into the remaining pudding.
- Spread that on top of the pie and smooth again.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more before serving.
- Store any remaining pie in the refrigerator.