1/6 Photos of Not-So-Classic Classic Tiramisu
2 hrs 30 mins
I actually found this online at a site much like this, without knowing what Tiramisu was, I tried it out, and it's so good that now this is my best dish! Best part is that this recipe calls for COOKED eggs. (Thanks Carol for this recipe!) Must share her recipe with as many people as possible!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (12 ounce) packages ladyfingers (I use my own angel food cake instead)
- 1/3 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (for a non-alcoholic version, I use very thick espresso instead. A good "liqueur" to use is definite)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (although I've always gone with milo!)
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- 1Lightly whisk egg yolks and sugar in a small saucepan, and heat over low heat on a double boiler for 10 minutes. Constant whisking is good to prevent sticking to the base. The colour will slowly lighten, and Remove from heat, whip until pale in colour.
- 2Gently stir the mascarpone cheese in the container with a fork before adding to the yolks. Beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks (not as soft as we would usually use them). Slowly fold into the yolk mixture and set aside.
- 3Depending on what you use, layer the glass bowl with half of the lady fingers (or half of the angelfood cake, which is very absorbent, mmmm!) Brush with coffee liqueur (or espresso, or bailey's). Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers/cake. Repeat ladyfingers, coffee liqueur and top off with the rest of the fillings. Garnish with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 4P.S. To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar. I especially enjoy using Cadbury's Triple Chocolate, so the shaving comes out in 3 colours!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not-So-Classic Classic Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 350.5 mg
- Sodium 102.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: