Recipe from Rachael Ray's Express Lane Meals. So I took out all of her goofy language since it's a bit annoying to me. Her cooking, though, is great! Leave comments to let me know if you added or took out anything. This dish seems very versatile... convert to vegetarian or add sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni (curly short)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chipped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (appx. 10 leaves)
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
- 2Salt the water and cook pasta al dente.
- 3Save a ladle of the starchy pasta water to form the sauce.
- 4Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add oil, then add meat.
- 6Brown meat and then add onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- 7Season with salt, pepper, Worcestershire and allspice.
- 8Cook for another 5 minutes, then deglaze the meat mix with red wine.
- 9Cook off for 1 minute and then stir the stock into the meat.
- 10Stir in the tomatoes and bring it to a bubble.
- 11Reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- 12Place the ricotta cheese in the bottom of a shallow bowl.
- 13Add a ladleful of boiling, starchy pasta water to the ricotta and stir to combine them.
- 14Add the parmesan cheese to the ricotta and mix it in .
- 15Toss the hot pasta with cheese mix.
- 16Add half of the meat sauce to the pasta mix.
- 17Toss to combine.
- 18Tear or shred basil and add it to the meat and pasta.
- 19Add rest of meat sauce and toss to combine everything.
- 20Serve with more parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not-Sagna Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.3
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Sodium 890.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 53.4 g