Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This just came together last night as I wanted to use some of our beautiful home-grown cherry tomatoes. The balsamic vinegar seems to enhance the flavour of the tomatoes (much as it does with strawberries).Quantity is only fairly small as I made it for myself and DH - it was perfect as a side dish.
- 20 -30 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fine bulgur wheat
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil (ideally extra virgin)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used about 2/3 basil and 1/3 mint, but suit your own taste)
- Place burghul in small bowl and add 1/2 cup cold water.
- Allow to soak for at least 15 minutes, then drain any excess moisture.
- Place tomatoes in bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar- set aside for 5 minutes to infuse.
- Combine burghul with last 6 ingredients and mix well.
- Gently toss tomatoes through burghul mix, and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.