Chef #454062's Note:
This is a meal very popular back home with my family and its also one that I make while at school. The cost for this meal can range about 10-15 bucks depending on where you get the ingredients and what you have. When I make this since I am alone I often get the chicken tenders and freeze the leftovers, which also taste very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa (your favorite kind)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (or 8 Boneless Chicken Tenders)
- 2 1/3 cups instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 bell pepper (or 1cup of pepper onion mix)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Optional * I like sharp cheddar but Velveeta has been used also) (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In baking dish add chicken ,onion/pepper mixture and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3Add water to dish and bake until chicken is cooked.
- 4Once chicken is done add the instant rice and mix with the chicken broth that has formed.
- 5Also add the salsa at this time and be sure to mix throughly. Mixture should be a little soupy, if not add hot water to salsa jar and pour over dish.
- 6Return dish to oven and cook until rice is tender.
- 7Once rice the rice is done top dish with cheese and serve with a dash of hot sauce or sour cream.
- 8( This could also be made on the stove top by simmering the chicken in water bell pepper and onions, adding salsa and serving over rice ).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Quite Spanish Rice & Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 990.4
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 185.6 mg
- Sodium 2479.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 72.6 g