1/1 Photo of Not Quite Sauerkraut
I live alone so when I buy a bag of coleslaw mix I don't even use half of it. I hate to see it go to waste so I substitute the slaw mix for the 1/2 head cabbage this recipe calls for. I use my own judgment on the amounts of the other ingredients it calls for. Easy to make and tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice Cabbage. Finely Chop Onion. Finely Crush Garlic Cloves. Chop Bacon into small pieces.
- 2Fry the Onion and Garlic (do not brown)
- 3Add the chopped Bacon
- 4Saute gently until Onions and garlic and bacon are cooked.
- 5Add Cabbage and stir all ingredients together
- 6Add Salt and Pepper.
- 7Add the vinegar and stir.
- 8Add chicken stock.
- 9Cook slowly in a covered pan for 20 -25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 10Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Quite Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g