Recipe by Annacia
Here is a lively version of an old favorite that includes diced ham, capers, and Dijon mustard. Trying to figure out what to do with that leftover Easter ham and hard-boiled eggs? Try this tasty solution at any time of the year.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks, reserving the whites.
- Mix the yolks with the mustard, salt, pepper, pepper sauce, mayonnaise, capers and onions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, chop the egg whites (a small potato masher works well here), and stir in the ham.
- Add the seasoned yolks to the ham/egg whites, stirring gently but thoroughly to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- If your in a hurry you may simply mash everything up together. You may find the texture of the salad a bit different, but it'll definitely be just as tasty.