Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegan (but you can make it otherwise)
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy eggnog (like Silk Nog)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and throw cupcake liners in to medium cupcake pans. Combine the Ener-G powder with a 1/4 cup of water and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the margarine with the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt. Add your container of yogurt and beat thoroughly before introducing the egg replacer / water mixture shortly afterwards. It will probably be fairly lumpy at this point, but just make sure that you don’t have any obscenely large clumps of solid margarine and you should be fine.
- Move over to a separate vessel for a moment and combine your flour, baking powder and soda before slowly adding these dry ingredients to the contents of the bowl waiting in your stand mixer. Doing this is batches is a good idea: Alternate pouring in more flour with the Soy Nog of your choice so that it doesn’t dry out. Be sure to fully incorporate each addition, but be careful to not over-mix.
- Pour batter into the cupcake liners about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full, slide into the oven and bake for 20 - 22 minutes. The cakes shouldn’t look browned, per-say, so keep a close eye on them and check for doneness using the toothpick method.