Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite dinners for days when I'm really busy or really need to go shopping, and all of my kids love it too! There's few ingredients, so I just keep them all on hand. I love to use mushroom soup because I think the flavor works so well, and I use macaroni noodles because they soak up the sauce. My fiancee (who created this recipe) uses chicken soup and egg noodles, but that's the great thing about this recipe, so much room for variety!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream soup (any kind)
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut in chunks)
- 1 steamable bag california-blend frozen vegetables
- 8 ounces dry any kind noodles or 1 cup uncooked rice
- cheddar cheese
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Prepare the noodles or rice and vegetables according to package directions.
- Drain the can of chicken and combine with the soup and velveeta in a large bowl.
- When vegetables are ready, add to the mixture in the bowl and stir until mixed.
- Put noodles/rice in the bottom of a 16x9 inch casserole dish and pour the other ingredients over it.
- Top with cheese and bake for approx 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.