Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Apparently there's a story behind the title: Some lady accidentally paid a lot of money for the recipe (they said $375, she heard $3.75...or somesuch) and they wouldn't let her return it when she discovered the true cost. So she got her money's worth and published it in the local newspaper with this title. This recipe has been modified by my mother and I to make it a little less greasy. People who have tried my recipe always comment that they usually don't like oatmeal cookies, but they LOVE these!
- Mix together oil, sugars and egg.
- Add in baking soda, powder, and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour and mix until consistent.
- Add oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a greased or non-stick baking pan, make about 1-1/2 inch size drops of dough spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. NOTE: They may seem slightly underdone after 10 minutes, but they will continue to cook once you have removed them. In my experience, baking them even a minute longer results in hard cookies once they have cooled.
This was a nice oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. I made exactly as written. Found the cookie to be a tad dry, but the cookie had nice flavor. The batter is very sticky since the only liquid is 1/3 cup oil, egg, and some vanilla. I would recommend wetting your finger tips if you are placing the dough on the cookie sheet by hand. This will keep it from sticking to your fingers. Next time I might add some water to the dough to see if that would help some. Baked exactly 10 minutes. Made for PAC Fall 2011.