Recipe by kiwidutch
Totally cool to look at and fun for the kids to make. Not to mention, tasty as well, especially in the hot summer months! COOKS NOTES: add fresh fruit for a change of texture and taste! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do than I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ! ZWT REGION: United States of America.
Top Review by Jackie7757
For the white layer, I use sweetened condensed milk and the unflavored gelatin, warmed on the stovetop. The white layer is sweeter that way. I've been making this since my son was a youngin', he's 30 now.
- 4 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin, assorted flavors
- 7 cups boiling water
- cooking spray
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve each package of Jell-O with 1 3/4 cups boiling water in an individual bowl and set aside.
- Pour contents of 1 bowl into a 9-by-13-inch pan that has been greased with cooking spray. Chill until set, about a half hour.
- Add gelatin to cold water. Set aside.
- Combine milk and sugar in saucepan and bring to boil, then add softened gelatin to milk mixture.
- Combine vanilla with sour cream in large bowl. Gradually pour milk mixture into sour cream, mixing thoroughly. Set aside.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups sour cream mixture on top of firm Jell-O. Chill until set, about a half hour.
- Pour another flavor of Jell-O on top and chill until set, then spread another 1 1/2 cups sour cream mixture on top. Chill until set.
- Spread a third flavor of Jell-O on top, and chill until set. Spread remaining sour cream mixture on top, and chill until set.
- Pour last flavor of Jell-O on top, and chill until set.