Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe, from Karin Calloway of the Augusta Chronicle, eliminates many of the steps in creating traditional lasagna. Instead of the cheese mixture and noodles, you use cheese ravioli. You layer the ravioli with meat sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake. Voila! -- It's "Not" Lasagna; and it is delicious and perfect for a weeknight supper.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 ounce) bagfrozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Measure 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce from jar and spread evenly on bottom of dish.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain and return to skillet. Add remaining spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer half of ravioli on the sauce in the dish. Spread half of the beef mixture over the ravioli and top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers one more time, ending with cheese. Bake for 1 hour. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Made this a couple of times. Big hit with the grandkids and DH alike. This is a keeper!
My husband and I loved this...so easy to prepare. I plan to do it tomorrow for a potluck.
This was really yummy and really easy!