I've tried MANY potato salads, but I keep coming back to my mother's recipe. The secret to success is the sweet pickle juice and combining the dressing with hot potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup hellman mayonnaise (low fat OK)
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip (low fat OK)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (low fat OK)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice, from sweet mixed pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (I like Keene's)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1POTATOES: Peel and cook in boiling, salted water for 20- 30 minutes.
- 2DRESSING: Combine mayo, salad dressing, sour cream, pickle juice, pepper, celery and mustard in a small bowl.
- 3Grate 2 of the hard boiled eggs into the mixture& stir.
- 4ASSEMBLY: Drain potatoes well and cut into cubes while they are still hot (be careful not to burn your fingers).
- 5Combine with green onions in a large bowl.
- 6Stir in dressing.
- 7Slice the remaining 3 eggs and arrange on top.
- 8Sprinkle with paprika and chill for a couple of hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Justa Nother Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 183.4 mg
- Sodium 143.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: