Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is NOT a French Onion Dip. This is so creamy and has a very intense onion flavor. Awesome dip for any kind of chips, pretzels or raw veggies. You can put it as a condiment on Burgers and Subs. You can use it as a steamed Shrimp dip. You can use it on a cold Veggie Pizza as the "sauce"! I have even put it on a tossed salad as the salad dressing and it was great. It may take a little time to make, but it is worth it.
- 2 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, grated very fine, like a paste and save all the juice too
- Put Cream Cheese in bowl and whip till smooth and creamy (you can use a mixer or just a chefs whip).
- Add sour cream, mayo and ketchup.
- Again whipping until smooth and creamy.
- Add Worcestershire, Horseradish, hot sauce, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Grate the onion very finely, like a paste consistency and save all the juice.
- Grate the whole onion.
- Add everything to the mix and scrape all the onion juice in, too.
- Mix well.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, which will let the flavors blend together.
Awesome recipe. I was a little concerned about all the difference ingredients, but man oh man, do they ever work. Didn't change a thing and won't try to mess with a winning recipe. Thnx for posting, Chef Bronco. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.
This is fantastic! I admit I was attracted to this recipe because of Chef Bronco's name ( I am a Denver fan), but the recipe outdoes Chef Bronco's moniker! The onions and horseradish are awesome. I served this poker night, and one friend ate the whole bowl, which I refilled, and ate about 1/2 of the next bowl before pushing it away, "Get this away from me!" This ought to be called Devil Dip--you cannot stop eating it! Very good!
SPRING 2008 PAC RECIPE: I made this over the weekend and Chef Bronco is right. If you are looking for the run of the mill French Onion dip, this isn't the recipe for you. This is a delicious, creamy, STRONG onion dip that is great on everything from chips to veggies and as a condiment for sandwiches. My kids devoured all of it in one afternoon. I will be using this recipe often.