Recipe by cookingsherri
This is a pasta my dad threw together a couple of years ago. It's one of those things you can trow together quickly. The best part is you can serve as a main dish or a side dish. If you want you can add shrimp, clams, or chicken. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste. Sometimes will use 3 cans of tomotos. Warning, I love to use fresh garlic, so if you are going out into public bring gum!
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 6 ounces pitted black olives (sliced)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (garlic, basil, oregano flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles as directed.
- In skilliet heat oil.
- Saute garlic until just soft.
- Add sliced olives (I slice whole olives myself) (Depending on how many servings I make, I may chop the olives).
- Once heated add canned tomato.
- Add seasonings as desired (except cheese).
- If you are adding cooked meat/seafood this is where to do it.
- Once heated through remove from heat add cheese.
- Toss with noodles and serve.
- Garnish with extra cheese if desired.