This is a pasta my dad threw together a couple of years ago. It's one of those things you can trow together quickly. The best part is you can serve as a main dish or a side dish. If you want you can add shrimp, clams, or chicken. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste. Sometimes will use 3 cans of tomotos. Warning, I love to use fresh garlic, so if you are going out into public bring gum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 6 ounces pitted black olives (sliced)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (garlic, basil, oregano flavor)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Boil noodles as directed.
- 2In skilliet heat oil.
- 3Saute garlic until just soft.
- 4Add sliced olives (I slice whole olives myself) (Depending on how many servings I make, I may chop the olives).
- 5Once heated add canned tomato.
- 6Add seasonings as desired (except cheese).
- 7If you are adding cooked meat/seafood this is where to do it.
- 8Once heated through remove from heat add cheese.
- 9Toss with noodles and serve.
- 10Garnish with extra cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Just for Lent Linguini
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 1204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 25.7 g