Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can serve your beanie weenies on a bun. Place whole frankfuters into toasted hot dog buns and pour heated bean mixture over franks. Top with grated cheese. I found this recipe in Kids Are Cookin cookbook. I have not tried this dish. I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 42 ounces pork and beans
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 6 -8 frankfurters
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together first 5 ingredients in a bowl and pour into greased baking dish.
- Slice frankfurters into chunks and place on top of bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove cover for last 15 minutes to brown the franks.
This is a great meal for the family when something quick is needed. I used Bush's original baked beans, a package of Ball Park hot dogs, and dried minced onion. Next time I will use only one tablespoon of brown sugar because the beans were a little to sweet for us. A keeper for my family, very good comfort food! Made and reviewed for My3Chefs - June 2012.