Recipe by Miraklegirl
Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe. She suggests adding a tsp. of echinachea extract to the cup of tea...
Top Review by Sharon123
Oh, this taste so good to my scratchy, sore throat! I simmered the ginger and the lemon zest(I used orange) for about 20 mins. and added the mint(I used spearmint) after I turned off the burner and let it steep about 10 mins. I did use dry mint since that's all I had. My throat thanks you!
- 5 inches fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ginger, zest, mint and 6 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil (covered).
- Reduce heat, simmer (uncovered) until the mixture has reduced to 5 cups (about 30 mins).
- Strain, return liquid to the saucepan (discard the solids).
- Add lemon juice and honey to taste and simmer 2 more minutes.