Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If your garden is producing banana peppers and or bell peppers, this is the dish for you. Bonde Monde seasoning (optional, seasoned salt is good also),garlic and red wine brings the same old stuffed pepper to life. 1 pound ground beef can substitued for 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 pound sweet pork sausage.
- 1 lb ground beef (or 1/2 beef & 1/2 pork sausage)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 6 green bell peppers (or)
- 10 banana peppers (sweet)
- 2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning (or season salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes (more if peppers look dry)
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water (or beef broth)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Cut tops off green peppers or sweet banana peppers, save tops, discard seeds & membranes, chop tops enough to make 1/2 cup.
- Cook peppers in salted boiling water for 5 min, invert and drain well.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, port sausage, onions, and chopped peppers until meat is browned, drain off any fat.
- Add undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, wine,worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper,and seasonings.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minute or until rice is tender, stir in cheese,.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture, place in baking dish, spoon any remaining meat mixture around peppers, cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minute.