Recipe by Paulcm
A friend made this and I was thrilled by how wonderful it tasted. I never thought I would like JUST mushroom soup. She served it with fresh hot bead and butter. mmmmmmmmmm
Top Review by greenfridge
Wonderful!!! Subbed beef broth for chicken, used only 3/4 c water and 2 c whole milk instead of 1/2&1/2. Added garlic w/ onions because . . . well, I add it to everything except oatmeal. Since I used whole milk instead of half & half I'll add a little more flour next time to thicken it a bit more. Lots of flavor and perfect for a blustery Northwest day!
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- snipped parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice enough mushrooms to measure 1 cup.
- Chop remaining mushrooms.
- Cook and stir sliced mushrooms in 2 Tbls of butter in a 3qt.
- saucepan over low heat until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Cook and stir chopped mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly, about 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and water.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in half-and-half and sliced mushrooms.
- Garnish with parsley (opt).