A friend made this and I was thrilled by how wonderful it tasted. I never thought I would like JUST mushroom soup. She served it with fresh hot bead and butter. mmmmmmmmmm
- Slice enough mushrooms to measure 1 cup.
- Chop remaining mushrooms.
- Cook and stir sliced mushrooms in 2 Tbls of butter in a 3qt.
- saucepan over low heat until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Cook and stir chopped mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly, about 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and water.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in half-and-half and sliced mushrooms.
- Garnish with parsley (opt).