1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Two recipes in one! It’s delicious as a plain pound cake or add the cinnamon pecan mixture and it's a Cinnamon Pecan Swirl Pound Cake! Either way, it gets rave reviews! (Note: I do not use lemon extract with the cinnamon pecan mixture—only vanilla.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs (room temp.)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk (room temp.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (can also use lemon extract)
FOR THE CINNAMON PECAN MIXTURE
- 1Cream butter and margarine; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- 4Stir in vanilla (and/or lemon extracts).
- 5Pour batter into greased and floured 10” tube pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake tests done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- 8*TO MAKE THE CINNAMON PECAN SWIRL POUND CAKE:.
- 9Pour half of the above pound cake batter into pan.
- 10Sprinkle with pecan mixture and top with remaining batter.
- 11Bake as directed (may take a little bit longer).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Just a Pound Cake!
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 269.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g