Recipe by MustangMom
Two recipes in one! It’s delicious as a plain pound cake or add the cinnamon pecan mixture and it's a Cinnamon Pecan Swirl Pound Cake! Either way, it gets rave reviews! (Note: I do not use lemon extract with the cinnamon pecan mixture—only vanilla.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs (room temp.)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk (room temp.)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla (can also use lemon extract)
FOR THE CINNAMON PECAN MIXTURE
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and margarine; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla (and/or lemon extracts).
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10” tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake tests done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- *TO MAKE THE CINNAMON PECAN SWIRL POUND CAKE:.
- Pour half of the above pound cake batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with pecan mixture and top with remaining batter.
- Bake as directed (may take a little bit longer).