Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The original recipe is from Grandma's Kitchen Treasured Family Recipes. The fat content was so high that I would never dream of serving it to my family. With the reduced fat contents that I used, I've found this to be delicious. When I don't have leftover cooked chicken, I buy a small precooked rotisserie chicken at the market.
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento (or roasted red peppers)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits (depending on size)
- 1⁄2 package of uncooked Baby Spinach (4-6 oz.) or 1⁄2 package frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spray the bottom and sides of an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop the onion.
- heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and saute onion until tender.
- Combine onion, spinach, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well.
- spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of cheddar.
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20min.
- or longer.