Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Actually it might be Farmgirl's Savory Cheese & Scallion Scones at http://farmgirlsavoryscones.notlong.com
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- soften Cream Cheese in microwave for 15-30 seconds FG states it needs to be very soft. For Glaze simply add milk and egg to bowl and whisk like crazy.
- Oven preheat to 400°F Prepare pan.
- Combine first ingredients down to cheeses.
- Now add your cheeses and mix gently.
- Add scallions and mix gently.
- Mix the milk [you can also use half and half] with the egg and gently fold into dry. You want a soft dough. Add the other 1/2 cup flour if it is sticky.
- Pat this into a circle 1 inch thick. Handle dough with light touch and very little. Cut into 8 edges and place on your baking sheet.
- Brush with Glaze. Bake. Cool on wire rack.
- Serve as you choose or freeze.
Boy... I did not agree with the ugly part....lol. I really loved these. I used Maple syrup, and Becasue I did not have enough oat bran, I used 1 c. oat bran and 1 cup whole wheat flour. For the fruit I used Pineapple, drained. Yummy! This will be a fun muffin to try other fruits too. Hmmm, strawberry time is soon upon us, so I probably will give that a try. Thanks for a lovely recipe!