Recipe by Pepper #2
My husband got this recipe from a friend of his. His mother got it from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook in the 60's. We have this meal about once a month and is a perfect Sunday dinner.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and I only used two eggs a little less milk and breadcrumbs. I used sharp cheddar cheese I cut into chunks but not the amount listed. DH enjoyed the meatloaf and I liked it but one I would make often with the cheese. Thank you for posting.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 medium purple onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 30 sharp cheddar cheese cubes (3/8")
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine the eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage and pepper.
- Add ground round and cheese cubes.
- Thoroughly mix meat and seasonings.
- Spoon meat mixture into a 2" deep baking pan and shape into rectangle.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- To glaze meatloaf, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and dry mustard.
- Spread over the top of meatloaf.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.