Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks on about.com. Fried ice cream, served in many restaurants, is actually fried for about 5 seconds. It can be difficult to make. This recipe tastes just like the professional version and is much easier. Cook time is actually freeze time.
- 2 cups ice cream, any flavor
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal, crushed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using ice cream scoop, make four 1/2 cup scoops of ice cream and freeze until very firm, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine crushed cereal and melted butter until blended.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll each in the cereal mixture, coating completely.
- Return coated balls to freezer and freeze at least one hour longer.
- When ready to serve, combine honey and cinnamon in small saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- Place ice cream balls in serving dishes, drizzle with warm honey mixture, and serve immediately.
This was very good and definitely much easier than the fried version. My family enjoyed this and gave it 2 thumbs up. Thank you for sharing!