Recipe by Nana Lee
From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks on about.com. Fried ice cream, served in many restaurants, is actually fried for about 5 seconds. It can be difficult to make. This recipe tastes just like the professional version and is much easier. Cook time is actually freeze time.
- 2 cups ice cream, any flavor
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal, crushed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Using ice cream scoop, make four 1/2 cup scoops of ice cream and freeze until very firm, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine crushed cereal and melted butter until blended.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll each in the cereal mixture, coating completely.
- Return coated balls to freezer and freeze at least one hour longer.
- When ready to serve, combine honey and cinnamon in small saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- Place ice cream balls in serving dishes, drizzle with warm honey mixture, and serve immediately.