Prep 3 hrs
Cook 7 mins
Can't remember where I found this recipe, but it's great for Mexican night, or Cinco De Mayo!! (New Note: If you use the new Special K cereal with cinnamon and pecans, this is REAL delicious! Add the sugar and not as much cinnamon, no butter, and you don't have to bake it! Very crunchy and SO DELICIOUS!!! I used about 1 1/4 C Special K.)
- Make 8 vanilla ice cream balls and freeze on wax-lined cookie sheet for about an hour.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spread on a cookie sheet to bake at 350°F until crisp and golden.
- (Cooking times will vary according to taste and oven temps.) Let cool.
- Roll ice cream balls in the cooled mixture and refreeze for 2 hours more.
- Serve with honey drizzled over each and enjoy!
- *See new note above recipe*.
Was served this dessert at sweet sister's dinner. She drizzled carmel sauce over it - we loved the crunchy part so much that we even added that sprinkled on top.
It is very hard to find a non-fried fried ice-cream recipe. This was very easy recipe and turned out super yummy! I used Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal and brown sugar instead of white sugar. I also drizzled chocolate syrup with the honey. Totally yummy and very simple!
I thought these turned out so tasty! I ended up using honey bunches of oats for the cereal. (can't remember which flavor). And we drizzled caramel over the top. They turned out so good. I had cereal mixture left over and we ate it plain and on bananas later. Yummy