Recipe by belkathy
This is my absolute favorite chili recipe. This one usually turns out pretty hot. It will depend somewhat on how hot of a chili powder you use. IT will be kind of soupy. Enjoy!
- olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, chopped up
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can warm flat beer
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry spices and set aside.
- Brown onions in olive oil, remove.
- Brown meat, remove.
- Add dry spices to pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, beer, meat, onions, and tomatoes with green chiles.
- Stir and cook slowly for 2 hours or more until meat is nice and tender.
- Taste before adding salt.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, crackers, or diced green onions on top.