Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my absolute favorite chili recipe. This one usually turns out pretty hot. It will depend somewhat on how hot of a chili powder you use. IT will be kind of soupy. Enjoy!
- olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, chopped up
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can warm flat beer
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- Combine dry spices and set aside.
- Brown onions in olive oil, remove.
- Brown meat, remove.
- Add dry spices to pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, beer, meat, onions, and tomatoes with green chiles.
- Stir and cook slowly for 2 hours or more until meat is nice and tender.
- Taste before adding salt.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, crackers, or diced green onions on top.
This is definitely not for whimps. It is hot, but it is good. We actually added some low fat sour cream it was so hot - it was quite tasty that way.