Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a rich after dinner drink - I think of it as dessert - but you can make it lighter (but not as decadent or good) If you prefer a non alcoholic drink omit the brandy and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 2 chocolate after dinner mints
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream, whipped (you may use 1/4 cup cream whipped and 1 cup whole milk if this sounds too rich for you)
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- Place coffee powder, sugar (sweetener)& crumbled after dinner mints in a stainless steel bowl, pour in the boiling water Stir until the mints and the coffee are dissolved.
- Add ice cubes and allow to cool Coffee must be cool to chilled before you continue (make this up early in the day and keep in the fridge) After you have whipped the cream reserve 4 good sized spoonfuls and add the remainder to the cold pepperment coffee and continue whipping until light& frothy Stir in the Brandy.
- Pour into 4 glasses top with whipped cream and a chocolate curl (optional) and enjoy.
Enjoyed this, made it exactly as written, rich like you said, but the peppermint gave it a refreshing touch. This will be our Irish Coffee for the summer months!!