Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This definitely falls into several categories--easy, tasty, and comfort food-y come to mind. I say these are "not for company," because surely when company comes you'd want to serve them chicken and dumplings that take all day to make. This recipe takes about 15-20 minutes to make. Even better--no chicken bones to worry about (because I don't know about you, but when I find a bone in my chicken and dumplings, I just have to stop eating.) Works equally well as a main dish or side dish. Serves 2-4.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken breasts
- 4 -5 flour tortillas, cut up
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add cut-up tortillas first, then the cream of chicken, chicken meat, and salt & pepper. Mix well. (The ingredient list wouldn't let me list the tortillas like I needed to, so I'll take this opportunity to note that you'll want the 6-inch size flour tortillas here. If you're using the 8-inch size, you'll probably need less than the recipe calls for).
- Continue cooking until all ingredients are well-mixed and heated through. (Personally, I bring it back to a second boil to make sure the flour tortillas are nice and saturated and the canned chicken is warm all the way through.).
i thought this was great! even warms up well the next day
This is surprisingly GREAT. I've made this recipe 5 or 6 times already. My husband loves it and couldn't believe the "dumplings" were tortillas. The sauce really hides it!