Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I lost my recipe for Chili's Restaurant's vegetarian quesadillas but think I have managed to remember most of the ingredients.
- 6 whole wheat tortillas or 6 spelt tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese or 1⁄2 cup smoked cheddar cheese, etc
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- In saute pan heat some olive oil and cook the mushrooms, baby spinach, and onions just until softened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine the garlic, cheese, oregano, marinated artichoke hearts (leave undrained and chop the artichoke hearts to bite size), red pepper flakes and cooled mushroom mixture. Toss well but carefully. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the flour tortillas on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas. Lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- BROIL for about 2 minutes; only until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
These were excellent! They tasted a lot like Chili's. The only thing I did diffrently was puree the spinach mushroom mixture in the food processor before mixing with the artichokes and cheese. I can't wait to make them again!