Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Enchilada recipe. These enchladas are budget friendly and easy to prepare. This is perfect for the busy mom!. One recipe makes 2 casseroles size dishes and is 16 servings. They can be made ahead and kept in the freezer for up to a month. My husband loves them and the neighbors are always asking for the recipe. Hope you enjoy them too.
- *** If you do not have cooked chicken already prepared you can poach it by using the directions below.
- You will need two 13 x 9 casserole dishes.
- In a medium bowl, combine one can of enchilada sauce with one can of cream of mushroom soup. Mix together until well blended. Set aside.
- FILLING: In a large bowl, combine one can of enchilada sauce with one can of cream of mushroom soup. Mix together until well blended. Add cooked and shredded chicken. Mix together until well blended. *** If you do not have cooked chicken already prepared you can poach it by using the directions below.
- Take one flour tortilla and spoonful of filling and place in center of tortilla. Spread out and eyeball if you need more or less filling. Sprinkle cheese over the top and carefully fold over. Place them seam side down in a 13x9 casserole pan. Continue this step and place side by side in the pan. Six enchiladas will fit in the first row and two enchiladas will fit in the top. You should have enough filling to make two pans.
- Take the medium bowl of reserve enchilads/cream of mushroom sauce and pour evenly over the top the enchiladas. (I like to spoon over each one first and spread out evenly then pour over to ensure I have plenty for both pans.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- I normally cook one pan, then freeze the other before cooking. When ready, I take out the uncooked enchiladas and let defrost for 30 minutes or so and then put in a 350 degree for about 40 minutes or until done.
- If you do not have cooked chicken already prepared you can cook it by the doing the following.
- In a large pot, place 1 onion quarters, garlic cloves, carrots and seperated and two celery stalks and fill half way with water. Bring water to a boil.
- Rub breasts with chili powder, black pepper and cumin.
- put in water. SEason the water with black pepper, cumin and chili powder and cook until the chicken in no longer pink in the inside. Usually about 30 minutes.