1/2 Photos of Not-Chicken Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
This veggie chicken soup is based on a Mollie Katzen recipe. Instead of discarding the vegetable I sometimes mash them, add some eggs, oil and matzo meal and make them into a kugel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine everything in a large pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, lower heat, and partially cover.
- 3Cook slowly for 1-2 hours.
- 4Turn off heat and let soup cool to room temperature.
- 5Strain out and discard all the vegetables.
- 6Heat gently just before serving.
- 7We cook matzoh balls separately and add them to the soup as we serve it.
- 8Matzoh balls cooked or reheated in the soup will turn a beautiful golden color thanks to the turmeric.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not-Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 814.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: