Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
People who love to bake cookies are always on the look out for that "ONE" recipe that will change their lives. Look at the simplicity of this recipe. There are similar recipes posted but thought I'd throw this one in the ring too. This might be the one for you! From Quick Cooking 2003 annual recipes submitted by Anne Wegener. Thanks Anne!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in additional sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking stone.
- Flatten if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
These were awesome! I had made them before with the choc. chips, but didn't have any this time. I decided to take a chance and make a double batch without the chips, and they turned out fabulous! I even have that annual recipe book, and I would have never known that cookie recipe was in there until you had posted it HERE!! lol
It was -18F here today so I warmed up the kitchen with these cookies. They are great! They come together quickly and baked up crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. I left some in balls and flattened others. They were equally good but I prefer to leave them in balls so they have the extra little soft/chewy spot in the center. The kids loved these and want me to add these to the school lunch box list. Thanks for another great one KCShell.
You are exactly correct. These didn't hang around long at all. Quick easy to make with great flavor and texture. I added a few more choclate chips, pehaps 1 cup total. I believe this was a mistake. The additional chips masked some of the peanut butter flavor Thanks