Recipe by KCShell
People who love to bake cookies are always on the look out for that "ONE" recipe that will change their lives. Look at the simplicity of this recipe. There are similar recipes posted but thought I'd throw this one in the ring too. This might be the one for you! From Quick Cooking 2003 annual recipes submitted by Anne Wegener. Thanks Anne!
Top Review by CarpenterGirl
These were awesome! I had made them before with the choc. chips, but didn't have any this time. I decided to take a chance and make a double batch without the chips, and they turned out fabulous! I even have that annual recipe book, and I would have never known that cookie recipe was in there until you had posted it HERE!! lol
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in additional sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking stone.
- Flatten if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.