Recipe by cfletcher
This Napa Salad is superb! I've been making it for several years...thanks to a good friend who was kind enough to share this healthy recipe! You might have to tinker a bit with the dressing (as I do) to get the right amount of sweetness that is called for in this salad...but believe me....the end result is amazing! Cooking time is the time allowed for the salad to rest before serving.
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 4 -5 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) package ramen noodles (chicken flavoured, keep the seasoning package for the dressing)
- 1 cup light vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more depending on taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the Napa cabbage into small bits (bite size).
- Dice the green onions.
- Add both to a large salad bowl.
- Heat a small frying pan to medium heat. Do NOT add any oil.
- Add the pine nuts and sesame seeds to the dry frying pan and roast for a few minutes. Ususally until you see them starting to brown.
- Remove the nuts and seeds and add to the salad bowl.
- Break up the noodles and add to the salad.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and the reserved ramen noodle seasoning packet. Taste and adjust sugar to your taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and allow to sit for approximately 1/2 before serving.