Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am posting this so i can remember exactly how I made this. I'm not a fan of the classic casserole recipe and this was the result. DH said it was the best ever ( thank you thank you ) I used my own frozen green beans, which may have added to how good it was. Try it; youll like my version.
- 1 lb frozen green beans, cooked & drained
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put the green beans into a casserole dish.
- Mix in the soup, milk, sour cream, grated onion and bacon.
- Sprinkle over the top, the french fried onions, then the cheeses, followed by the Ritz crackers.
- Dot with the butter.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 30 mins, until golden and bubbling.
This is a wonderful variation of the comfort food I have always loved. Made this yesterday for a gathering for Easter celebration and it was received well! I used heart healthy cream of mushroom soup and low fat sour cream. Thank You for sharing ChefDeb