Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yup--another chicken casserole. In searching through Zaar, I didn't see another exactly like this one. I've been making it for years and it's always a hit. It does have the dreaded cream soup in it but you can always make your own.
- 5 chicken breasts, stewed
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefine ground seasoned stuffing mix
- Remove chicken in large pieces and place in greased casserole.
- Mix sour cream, soup, mushrooms, broth, and sherry. Pour over chicken.
- Top with stuffing. Drizzle butter over all.
- Bake 350º - 45 minutes.
I just have to try this because you write the "dreaded" cream soup and made me laugh. Sounds great!!! Lolly