Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
My norwegian friend Kai made this for one of my potlucks and I begged the recipe. You can make and store in fridge for at least a week. longer it sits, the better it tastes
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- toss cabbage with salt and chill one hour.
- in a saucepan, heat sugar, vinegar and seasonings.
- cook til sugar dissolves about 10 minutes.
- add to cabbage, along with remaining veggies.