Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Thi recipe comes from the Ellis Island Immigrant cookbook. It originates from Norway and really warms you on a cold winter night
- 1 fifth rum
- 1 fifth port wine
- 1 fifth sweet sherry
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole almond
- 12 cloves
- 15 cardamom seeds
- 1 orange, zest of
- soak almonds in water for 5 mnutes and pop nut from skin.
- Peel caramom seeds and discard shell.
- combine everything in a large pot.
- bring to a boil.
- put match to Glugg and let burn for 30 seconds while adding 1 tablespoon of sugar over flame.
- serve in a mug with a spoon tp eat the fruit.