- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 lemon, scrubbed, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 dried apricots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- splash brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together orange zest, orange juice, honey, lemon and cinnamon stick in a nonreactive saucepan.
- Stir in apricots and dried cherries, and heat over medium-low heat. When mixture simmers, remove it from heat, and set it aside to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place fruit mixture into a large bowl, and stir in apple, pineapple and brandy. Serve immediately, or chill before serving.