Norwegians like their pancakes served hot with butter and jelly, or butter and sugar.
Make and share this Norwegian Thin Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the milk and salt, and then the flour, mixing until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Butter a very hot skillet lightly.
- Laddle 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet, and tilt it around so the batter spreads out to make a 7 inch diameter pancake.
- The batter will firm up quickly.
- When the first side is brown, turn and brown the other side.
These were wonderful thin pancakes morgainegeiser. I enjoyed them so much. I put violet jelly on the inside and garnished with a little icing sugar. I will make these again, into my keeperbox this recipe goes. They were quick and easy to put together and tasted great. Thanks for sharing.
This was a tasty breakfast treat! I made half of the recipe and got 8 pancakes. I had a little trouble with the technique so the first two didn't look too good but once I figured out 2 things - tilt the pan slowly so the batter can set a bit as it coats the bottom of the pan, and resist the urge to flip them too soon - they came out fine. I warmed some honey with just a little strawberry jelly and drizzled that over the pancakes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made as directed. Cut the recipe in half and got quite a few very large pancakes. In my mind, this is basically a crepe recipe. It was very good.