Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Norwegians like their pancakes served hot with butter and jelly, or butter and sugar.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the milk and salt, and then the flour, mixing until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Butter a very hot skillet lightly.
- Laddle 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet, and tilt it around so the batter spreads out to make a 7 inch diameter pancake.
- The batter will firm up quickly.
- When the first side is brown, turn and brown the other side.
This is as close to my Uncle Henry's Finlander recipe as I have seen. We use bacon fat on top of the wood cook stove and add a handful of wild blueberries. Delish!
These are the best recipe I've found for thing pancakes, they're delicious, easy to make and perfect with lemon and sugar. It is important to let the batter rest for that 20 minutes. Super easy, I've made these 20+ times over the past two years, never found a better recipe.
This recipe is not for pan cakes, it is a crepe recipe, and not a good one of those. Far too much milk in it. Hard to cook, and not very tasty done.