Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Prep time does not include hard boiling the eggs. Whenever I've eaten these, the eggs were sliced the short way. I can never get them to stand upright, so I slice them lengthwise.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoons grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and set egg whites aside.
- In a bowl, mash the yolks. Add in the chopped smoked salmon, butter, sour cream, cheese and dill; mix together well.
- Stuff the egg whites with this mixture.
These were good. I doubled the quantity of sour cream. It still seemed dry, and I felt like the salmon was a little bit too strong, so I also added a tablespoon of mayo.
These are great, especially if you love the taste of smoked salmon. But we recommend eating them the same day, the day after they had kinda dried out some.
I was trying new appetizers for my Christmas buffet so only did half the recipe and yep, this one made it! The mixture was on the dry side so I added half tablespoon of sour cream. Thanks for sharing!