Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from norway-hei.com Traditional Christmas dessert. Cooking time is an estimate.
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup baby pearl tapioca
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 pint frozen strawberries
- 4 -6 ounces whipped cream (optional)
- Cook tapioca and water on very low heat until thick and clear.
- Add jello and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add frozen berries. Chill in refrigerator.
- When mixture is cool and thick, add whipped cream, if desired.
What a treasure! Slowly cooking the tapioca does take a long time, but it was worth the wait. I'd give this 10 stars if possible. A light, yet very filling summer dessert. I used sugar-free gelatin and a bit less sugar (probably 1/3 cup). Perfect!!! Made for the Whine and Cheese Gang in ZWT6.